Privacy & Data Use Policy
Last Updated: July 31, 2014
THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY & DATA USE POLICY ("POLICY") ARE LEGALLY BINDING. IF YOU USE OUR SERVICE (AS DEFINED BELOW), YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS POLICY. SeatRobot, ("SeatRobot," "we" or "us") respects the privacy of its users and has developed this Policy to demonstrate its commitment to protecting your privacy. This Policy is intended to transparently disclose to you how we may collect, use and share your information. This Policy applies to you, as an individual, when you use any of SeatRobot's services, whether using our website (www.SeatRobot.com), our mobile site (m.SeatRobot.com), our mobile applications, or any other web-based or mobile service or any offering through any of our websites (collectively, our "Service"). We encourage you to read this Policy carefully when using our Services or transacting business with us. If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please refer to the end of this Policy for information on how to contact us. Information we receive about you. In General We receive a number of different types of information from you when you use our Service, some of which is personally identifying, some is not. The information received through our Service may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or that is provided to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, image, telephone number, and other demographic or profile information and we may ask you to complete a survey or send us a review.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other business partners, contractors, and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated address information.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically receive information from your browser when you visit our Service. This information may include (without limitation) your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our Services, we may assign your computer one or more Cookies to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a Cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept Cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may have difficulty signing in, and may not be able to use some of the interactive features offered through our Service.
- Mobile Devices. We receive information from your mobile devices when you visit our Service, such as identifiers for advertising (“IDFA”) and geographic information. If you choose to turn off IDFA and locational tracking on your mobile device, please note that you may not be able to use some of the interactive features offered through our Service.
- Other Technologies. We may use other technologies, such as web beacons, to track your use of our Service. We also may include web beacons in promotional or other email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize our Service, and to measure the overall effectiveness of our content, programming, or other activities.
- Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us, including email address, street address, city, state and ZIP code and/or other information. If you use our Service to send other people (for example, colleagues, etc.) invitations or correspondence, or other communications through our Service, we may store your personal information, and the personal contact information of each such recipient. We use guests' contact information to allow them to respond to and comment on your SeatRobot invitation. At your request, we may send Reminders to guests, other event related information and we may display their email address or other information to other guests of the same event. We also may send post-event communications to the host and guests. We may also collect guests' contact information in order to provide certain services through our site.
How we use the information we collect. In general. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- to deliver invitations and/or other products and services that you have requested and/or purchased;
- share information you have voluntarily provided about yourself with other guests who have been invited to the same events;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our business partners or other third parties;
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
With whom we share information We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information you have provided to us or that we have collected about you or your activities on our Service. Personal information. "Personal information" is information that can be used to specifically identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, and mailing address. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Other Users. Users and/or guests invited to the same events as you, as well as people / organizations organizing those events will be able to view the personal information that you provide. You also may choose to have the personal information you supply on your My Account page viewable to SeatRobot users in general.
- Authorized service providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include printing and mailing physical invitations and communications, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality and data and technology infrastructure, and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Aggregated and non-personal and hashed information. We may share information that has been “hashed.” “Hashed” information is information that has been converted to an anonymized string of characters in an effort to prevent third parties from unscrambling the anonymized string of characters to recover the underlying information. We may combine non-personal and/or hashed information we collect with additional information collected from other sources. We may combine non-personal and/or hashed information with other information collected about a user and share with third parties, including (without limitation) advisors and investors.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Any third parties to whom we may disclose personal information may have their own privacy policies which describe how they use and disclose personal information. Those policies will govern use, handling and disclosure of your personal information once we have shared it with those third parties as described in this Policy. Please note that these entities or their servers may be located either inside or outside the United States.
How you can access your information.
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
If you have an online account with us, you also may choose to close your account at any time by submitting a request to our customer support department via the "Contact Us" link on the FAQ/Contact Support page of the SeatRobot website or by emailing us at support@SeatRobot.com. After you close your account, you will not be able to sign in to our website or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please note that if you close your account, we may still retain, use and disclose information associated with your account.
Your choices about collection and use of your information.
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Service because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; participate in an event managed by our services or initiate other transactions through our Service.
- While SeatRobot does not give you the opportunity to remove your information from our database, you may remove your registration information from your My Account page as described below. At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us or to discontinue use of a Service. If you are a registered user, send us an email (including your email address) at support@SeatRobot.com. You may also opt-out of receiving mobile alerts by following the opt-out instructions provided on the SeatRobot website. If you are not a registered user, but are a recipient of an SeatRobot invitation, you may delete your name from the guest list by requesting to be removed from the guest list on the invitation page. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
How we protect your personal information. We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other information will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft. Please be advised that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you will not be able to edit or delete such information.
Children's privacy. Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States If you are accessing our Service from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. This Policy and the storage, use and disclosure of your information under this Policy, is governed by the laws on the United States. The Service is controlled and operated by SeatRobot from the United States and you expressly waive the application of any laws of any territory other than the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using our Service, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy, and the laws of the United States apply to the use, storage and disclosure of your information.
No Rights of Third Parties. This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties or require disclosure of any personal information relating to users of the Service.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. SEATROBOT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING DATA PRIVACY OR DATA SECURITY.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT SEATROBOT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA, DATA BREACH OR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION, EVEN IF SEATROBOT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT SEATROBOT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE OF ANY VIOLATION OF YOUR RIGHTS OR THE RIGHTS OF ANY OTHER PARTY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY, OR RIGHTS OF PRIVACY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, THEREFORE SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN ANY EVENT, IF SEATROBOT IS FOUND TO HAVE VIOLATED ANY OF YOUR RIGHTS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SEATROBOT'S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL NOT EXCEED THE LESSER OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO SEATROBOT FOR THE APPLICABLE SERVICE, IF ANY, OR USD$50.00.
Changes to this Policy. SeatRobot reserves the right to amend this Policy at its sole discretion and any modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting. When we revise this Policy, we will notify you by posting the new Policy on the Service with the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this page. By continuing to use the Service following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy or any changes thereto, do not continue using the Service.
How to contact us. If you have any questions about this Policy or our information-handling practices, or if you would like to request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties, please contact us by email or postal mail as follows:
c/o 13th&8th Software Development LLC
181 8th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94118
Att: Privacy Officer 13th & 8th Software Development LLC. 2014-2017. All rights reserved.